I was thinking of calling this post ‘Manifestation journaling for beginners’ or ‘Manifestation journaling for sceptics’. I myself was initially sceptical when friends started to talk about the practice of manifesting and how important it was in achieving a desired goal.
It felt like an improbable short cut.
For a start (I thought) achieving goals is supposed to require some form of effort on our part because achieving that goal is just as much about our character transformation as it is about the goal itself. Who we become in the process of achieving a goal is just as important as the outcome itself.
So manifesting felt like a slightly illegal shortcut that might or might not get you the results you wanted, but not in the right way. And of course my scepticism extended to not necessarily believing that the results would be achieved. Additionally I also thought that manifestation was simply a flash-in-the-pan craze that would die away to be replaced by an equally outlandish idea.
Well, I did change my mind. And the reason I change my mind is this: In the achievement of any goal in life you can think two ways about it:
The first way that you can think about your goal is that you are definitely going to achieve your goal, that you are enjoying working towards it and you can’t wait for it to become reality.
The second way you can think about your goal is that you are worried about whether this goal will be achieved. You worry that you might fail, that it was a bad idea in the first place and maybe you should never have started on this endeavour.
Which approach would you choose?
Exactly. The positive one. If you think good things are going to happen you’re going to be in a positive frame of mind, and isn’t that a much better way to achieve a goal?
As Henry Ford said, “Whether you think you can, or can’t, you are right.”
If you feel the same way that I did, then this post is definitely for you.
So, what is Manifestation exactly, and what are manifestation prompts and how will they help you in any manifestation practice that you might want to start?
Other Manifestation blog posts you might like
The law of Manifestation
The Law of Manifestation is a principle that suggests that our thoughts, beliefs, and emotions can influence the reality we experience in our lives. This law is based on the idea that everything in the universe is energy, and that our thoughts and emotions are forms of energy that can attract or repel certain experiences and outcomes.
According to the Law of Manifestation, we can manifest our desires and goals by focusing on positive thoughts, beliefs, and emotions. This means that we need to be mindful, on a daily basis, of the thoughts we think, the beliefs we hold, and the emotions we experience, as they can impact the results we achieve in our lives.
One of the key principles of the Law of Manifestation is the idea of “like attracts like.” This means that if we focus on positive thoughts and emotions, we are more likely to attract positive experiences and outcomes. On the other hand, if we focus on negative thoughts and emotions, we are more likely to attract negative experiences and outcomes.
To get started with the manifestation process, it is important to focus on what we want to manifest in our lives, rather than what we don’t want. This means setting clear intentions and visualizing the desired outcome. It is also important to cultivate positive emotions, such as gratitude, joy, and love, as they can help to attract positive experiences and outcomes.
However, it is important to note that the Law of Manifestation is not a guarantee that we will always get what we want. There may be other factors at play that influence our experiences and outcomes, such as external circumstances or the actions of others.
Therefore, And the way that our needs and wants will be met may not be in the way that you anticipated, so you need to remain open minded as to how your dream outcome will be fulfilled.
it is important to approach manifestation with a sense of openness and detachment, and to be willing to adjust our goals and intentions as needed.
Difference between the manifesting and the law of attraction
Manifesting and the Law of Attraction are closely related concepts, but there are some important differences between them.
The Law of Attraction is a broader concept that refers to the principle that like attracts like. According to this law, the energy we put out into the world through our thoughts and emotions attracts similar energy back to us, and we can use this principle to consciously create the experiences we desire.
Manifesting, on the other hand, is a specific practice or technique that is used to apply the Laws of Attraction to achieve specific goals or outcomes. Manifesting involves using visualisation, positive affirmations, and other techniques to focus our thoughts and emotions on what we want to create in our lives.
In essence, manifesting is a focused, intentional application of the Law of Attraction. It involves deliberately and consciously directing our thoughts and emotions in the present moment towards our desired outcomes, rather than simply allowing our thoughts and emotions to dictate our experiences.
Another difference between manifesting and the Law of Attraction is that manifesting often involves taking specific actions to bring our desires into reality. This may include setting goals, developing action plans, and taking steps towards our desired outcomes. While the Law of Attraction emphasizes the power of our thoughts and emotions to attract what we want, manifesting also acknowledges the importance of taking action towards our goals.
In brief, while the Law of Attraction and manifesting are closely related concepts, manifesting involves a more focused, intentional application of the Law of Attraction, with a greater emphasis on taking action towards our desired outcomes.
Manifestation and action
How does action play a part in the law of manifestation, or do we just sit around and think positive thoughts?
It turns out that action is a crucial part of the Law of Manifestation, and it is important to take action towards your desired outcomes and the new things you want in your life, rather than simply waiting for them to manifest on their own. While positive thinking and visualization are important components of manifestation, they must be accompanied by action in order to bring your desires into reality.
When you are working to manifest a desired outcome, it is important to set clear goals and develop a plan of action for achieving your best life. This might involve taking specific steps such as networking, applying for jobs, or developing new skills, depending on your particular goals.
I can picture in my mind my future self, but in the past I didn’t know the best way to get to her. To be clear, there are many different ways to get to your future self. But what I have learnt is that you won’t get there by not believing it will happen. Negative self-talk will not help you achieve anything. That’s entirely the wrong way round! It took me about 20 years to realise that, and I’m telling you now to save you a lot of time!!! You’re welcome 🙂
Taking action towards your desired outcome
By taking action towards your desired outcomes, you not only increase the likelihood of achieving them, but you also demonstrate to the universe and to yourself that you are committed to making your desires a reality. This can help to reinforce your positive intentions and create a powerful momentum towards manifestation.
However, it is also important to ensure that your actions are aligned with your intentions and that you are taking inspired action, rather than simply taking action for the sake of it. This means listening to your intuition and taking actions that feel right and aligned with your desires, rather than simply following a prescribed set of steps.
So, while positive thinking and visualisation are important parts of the Law of Manifestation, they must be accompanied by action in order to bring your desires into reality. By taking inspired action towards your goals, you can create a powerful momentum towards manifestation and increase the likelihood of achieving the outcomes you desire.
What are manifestation prompts?
Manifestation prompts are prompts or prompts that are designed to help individuals focus their thoughts and intentions on manifesting their desires. These prompts can take various forms, but they all have the goal of helping individuals to clarify and visualize their desired outcomes, and to cultivate the positive thoughts and emotions that are needed to manifest those outcomes. Try and write your prompts in the present tense, “I am” rather than “I will”.
Some common examples of manifestation prompts include:
Types of manifestation prompts
- Affirmations – These are positive statements that individuals can repeat to themselves to reinforce positive beliefs and intentions. Examples might include “I am worthy of abundance and success” or “I trust that the universe will provide for me.”
- Visualization exercises – These involve mentally imagining oneself in a desired situation or scenario, and experiencing the emotions and sensations associated with that outcome. For example, an individual might visualize themselves receiving a promotion at work and feeling proud and accomplished.
- Gratitude exercises – These involve focusing on the things in one’s life that they are grateful for, and cultivating feelings of gratitude and appreciation. Gratitude exercises can help to cultivate a positive mindset and attract more positive experiences and outcomes.
- Journaling prompts – These are prompts or questions that individuals can use to reflect on their goals, desires, and intentions. For example, an individual might write about what they want to manifest in their life, why they want to manifest it, and what steps they can take to make it happen.
So manifestation prompts can be a helpful tool for individuals who are looking to manifest their desires, by helping them to focus their thoughts and intentions, clarify their goals, and cultivate the positive mindset and emotions that are needed to attract positive experiences and outcomes.
The next section addresses manifestation journal practices that you can use in your daily journaling as well as providing some manifestation prompts.
Manifestation prompts are a powerful way to direct your brain. Your brain doesn’t differentiate between good and bad, it is a pattern finder. You tell it what is good and bad. It does not tell you. So these prompts are a powerful tool to help you programme the subconscious mind part of your brain to think positively and joyfully about your life.
Manifestation journal ideas
Why not start a new manifesting journal for your manifestation practice.
You can use the journal entry each day to write out your manifestation list. You can then use your journal to read it back to yourself.
What manifestation method should you use?
It is entirely up to you how you create your manifestation method. You can also use other prompts such as wearing a piece of jewellery until you achieve a certain goal, or wearing a piece of clothing for the same reason. The most important thing is to do it regularly, every single morning if possible, and above all, believe in what you are saying to yourself.
Here is a short method for a daily practice for manifesting if you need a process:
- Set aside a designated time each day for your journaling practice. Choose a time when you are least likely to be distracted or interrupted, and make it a daily habit.
- Begin by taking a few deep breaths and meditating for a few minutes to calm your mind and center yourself.
- Review your previous journal entries to see what progress you have made towards your manifestation goals. Take note of any patterns or insights that have emerged.
- Write down your current manifestation goals and any new insights or ideas that come to mind.
- Review your affirmations and visualizations related to your manifestation goals. Repeat them to yourself to reinforce your positive mindset and focus your attention on your desired outcomes.
- Spend some time practicing gratitude by writing down things you are thankful for in your life. This will help you maintain a positive attitude and keep your vibration high.
- Write down any action steps you can take towards your manifestation goals. This will help you stay focused on the practical steps you can take to bring your desires into reality.
- End your journaling session by expressing your gratitude and setting positive intentions for the day ahead.
Remember, the key to successful manifestation journaling is consistency. The more regularly you practice journaling, the more effective it will be in helping you manifest your desired outcomes.
Affirmations are like a first step to bring positivity to all areas of your life. Use your journal, and start with a blank page. If you are new to this practice repeat the following phrases to yourself and then write down the ones that resonate with you. In time you will create your own. Affirmations apply to all areas of your life, from body-positive affirmations to financial abundance affirmations. If you only did one of these practices I would recommend affirmations. They are so effective to wipe away a negative mindset.
- I am worthy of abundance and success.
- I trust that the universe is guiding me towards my highest good.
- I am open to receiving all of the blessings that come my way.
- I am capable of achieving anything I set my mind to.
- I am confident and powerful, and I know that I can achieve my goals.
- I am surrounded by positive energy and opportunities.
- I am grateful for all of the abundance in my life.
- I am attracting positive and supportive people into my life.
- I am healthy, happy, and filled with vitality.
- I am manifesting my dreams and desires with ease and grace.
- I trust that the universe is conspiring in my favour.
- I am aligned with my highest purpose and passion.
- I am grateful for all of the love and joy in my life.
- I am surrounded by abundance and prosperity.
- I am creating a life that is filled with meaning and purpose.
- I am worthy of love and respect, and I treat myself accordingly.
- I am grateful for all of the opportunities that are coming my way.
- I am attracting abundance in all areas of my life.
- I am confident in my abilities and my potential.
- I trust that everything is unfolding perfectly in my life.
For these I would definitely use them as a starter and personalise them. With affirmations you need to be really specific to your own situation. So take these and in your journal recreate your own. Picture your best self as you write these affirmations.
- I am visualizing myself living in my dream house, surrounded by beauty and comfort.
- I am imagining myself in my dream job, doing work that I love and feeling fulfilled and satisfied with my own personal definition of career success.
- I am picturing myself traveling to my dream destinations, experiencing new cultures and making memories that will last a lifetime.
- I am visualizing myself in a loving and supportive relationship with my ideal partner, filled with joy and affection.
- I am imagining myself achieving my biggest goals and feeling proud and accomplished.
- I am visualizing myself in perfect health, with vibrant energy and vitality.
- I am picturing myself surrounded by positive and supportive best friends who uplift and inspire me.
- I am imagining myself feeling financially abundant, with plenty of resources to support my dreams and goals.
- I am visualizing myself in a state of deep inner peace and serenity, free from stress and anxiety.
- I am picturing myself feeling confident and self-assured in all situations.
- I am imagining myself living a life of purpose and meaning and full potential, making a positive impact on the world.
- I am visualizing myself surrounded by beauty and harmony in all areas of my life.
- I am picturing myself with a strong and healthy body, able to enjoy all of life’s pleasures.
- I am imagining myself living a life of creativity and self-expression, sharing my unique gifts with the world.
- I am visualizing myself surrounded by abundance and prosperity in all areas of my life.
- I am picturing myself feeling grateful and appreciative for all of the blessings in my life.
- I am imagining myself surrounded by laughter and joy, experiencing life to the fullest.
- I am visualizing myself letting go of any limiting beliefs or negative thought patterns, and embracing my true potential.
- I am picturing myself surrounded by a sense of ease and flow, allowing life to unfold effortlessly.
- I am imagining myself feeling connected to the universe and all beings, experiencing a deep sense of oneness and unity.
Gratitude prompts are prompts or questions that are designed to help you focus on the things in your life that you are grateful for. These prompts can be used to cultivate feelings of gratitude and appreciation, and to help you to shift your mindset to a more positive and grateful one. Gratitude prompts can range from simple questions like “What are you grateful for today?” to more specific prompts like “What is a challenge you faced in the past that you are grateful for?” The goal of gratitude prompts is to help you recognise and appreciate the positive things in your life, and to attract more positivity and abundance through the practice of gratitude.
Here are 20 gratitude prompts outlines that can help cultivate feelings of gratitude and positivity. Use them to create your own gratitude lists in your journal:
- What are three things you are grateful for about yourself?
- Who is someone in your life that you are grateful for, and why?
- What is a challenge you faced in the past that you are grateful for, and why?
- What is a skill or talent you have that you are grateful for?
- What is a positive change that has happened in your life recently that you are grateful for?
- What is a simple pleasure in life that you are grateful for?
- What is a place that brings you peace and happiness that you are grateful for?
- What is something you have learned recently that you are grateful for?
- What is a possession you have that you are grateful for, and why?
- What is a person who has shown you kindness that you are grateful for, and why?
- What is a book or movie that has had a positive impact on your life that you are grateful for?
- What is a positive character trait that you have that you are grateful for?
- What is a goal you have achieved recently that you are grateful for?
- What is a memory that brings you happiness that you are grateful for?
- What is a food or beverage that you are grateful for?
- What is a teacher or mentor who has influenced your life that you are grateful for, and why?
- What is a pet or animal that brings you joy that you are grateful for?
- What is a hobby or activity that brings you happiness that you are grateful for?
- What is a friendship or relationship that you are grateful for, and why?
- What is a positive characteristic or action you have observed in someone else that you are grateful for?
Finally, here are some journaling prompts for manifesting/manifestation. Create your own best manifestation journal prompts that really speak to you and trigger positive emotion to fill your body:
- What is my ultimate goal or desire that I want to manifest?
- What limiting beliefs or negative thoughts do I need to let go of in order to manifest my desire?
- What actions can I take today to move closer to my manifestation goal?
- How would I feel if my manifestation goal was already accomplished?
- What are some positive affirmations I can repeat to myself to help manifest my desire?
- What obstacles or challenges might arise as I work towards my manifestation goal, and how can I overcome them?
- What are some tangible steps I can take to align myself with the energy of my desired manifestation?
- What past experiences have taught me that I am capable of manifesting my desires?
- What can I do to maintain a positive mindset and keep my vibration high as I work towards my manifestation goal?
- How can I use gratitude to help manifest my desire, and what am I currently grateful for in my life that aligns with my manifestation goal?
- How can I visualize my manifestation goal in a way that feels real and authentic to me?
- What are some areas of my life where I am already manifesting positive outcomes, and how can I use that knowledge to help manifest my desired goal?
- How can I stay focused and committed to my manifestation goal, even when faced with setbacks or challenges?
- What role does self-care play in my manifestation journey, and how can I prioritize it in my daily life?
- What would be my first steps once my manifestation goal is accomplished, and how can I plan for those steps in advance?
Writers who are authoritative on Manifesting
Finally, here is a list of people whose work is comprehensive on the subject of manifesting. I have found them very interesting to listen to or watch and hope you will do too.
- Esther Hicks and Jerry Hicks – They have written several books on the Law of Attraction, including “Ask and It Is Given” and “The Law of Attraction: The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham”.
- Rhonda Byrne – She is the author of the best-selling book “The Secret”, which explores the Law of Attraction and how to use it to manifest one’s desires.
- Napoleon Hill – He is the author of the classic self-help book “Think and Grow Rich”, which explores the power of positive thinking and visualization to achieve success.
- Wayne Dyer – He has written several books on personal development and spirituality, including “The Power of Intention” and “Manifest Your Destiny”.
- Deepak Chopra – He is the author of several books on spirituality and consciousness, including “The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success”, which explores the principles of manifestation.
- Louise Hay – She is the author of “You Can Heal Your Life” and other books on self-improvement, which incorporate the Law of Attraction and other manifestation techniques.
- Eckhart Tolle – He has written several books on spiritual awakening and mindfulness, including “A New Earth” and “The Power of Now”, which explore the connection between consciousness and manifestation.
If you have enjoyed this blog post you may also like
Finally, let me tell you a little bit about Wardrobe Journaling. It is the process I have created that helps you understand yourself better through journaling and through thinking about the clothes you wear and your own unique personality. There are lots of Wardrobe Journaling blog posts available on this site. There is also the entirely unique Wardrobe Journaling course. If you want to take a step further into your own self development and self care this is a great, gentle but powerful course to take.
Have a great day!